Thursday 3 May 2012

Adam Macey: More memories and messages

Adam Macey's recovery continues steadily. Further memories from his lost days will inevitably speed his return to good health. On my rounds yesterday evening a member of staff told me another dream recalled by Adam:

"Brian and Adam were called to a select committee after Sir Tufton-Bufton (MP for South Borsetshire and shooting partner of Brian) was unable to prevent a hearing into BL's suitability to open and run a Mega Dairy. Before proceedings had got underway Brian had put his hand on Adam's arm, leant forward, and said directly into the microphone: "This is the humblest day of my life".

"Faced with the dilemma of split loyalties - family and conscience - Adam felt it safest to play the amnesia card and claimed not to recall any of the emails, meetings or ex-gratia payments that were referred to.

"There was one potentially volatile moment when a middle-aged lady leapt from the public seats and attempted to cover Brian in yoghurt. It was only his wife's timely intervention (Jennifer was heard to say: "Pat! How COULD you?" as she slapped the attacker) that prevented any serious damage."

Such memory recall will inevitably help Adam's recovery. Equally important are the messages of goodwill which continue to arrive. Here is a selection:

* Jolene: "There's a large one waiting for you when you get your appetite back."

* Usha: "Don't be surprised if you wake up and I'm in the next bed. The way things are going I'm thinking of admitting myself."

* Tony: "I....h...ope....you.....don....t.....ge....t.....re.....ferred....."

* Christopher: "Keep it up mate. Keep Jennifer busy!"

* Eddie: "Have you seen m'ferret? I 'ad it with me when I visited yesterday."

* Tony: "....to......the....sa.....me......spe.....ech....thera....pist....as....me..."

* David: "At least you get to sleep."

* Ian: "Hurry home. My soufflé won't rise without you."

* Robert: "Please hurry home. Lyndy is so fretful and when she's not taking it out on me she's beastly to the llamas."

* Alice: "Oh Adam! You simply don't know!"

As always, further messages are appreciated and can be posted as comments below or directly to @TonysConsultant.



 

1 comment:

  1. I Love all the get well comments. Its a Pity Ambridge extra is not on at the moment I would to hear some of these acted out

    ReplyDelete